Friday, September 27, 2013

The Value Of An Extended Family (Yes, It Does Take A Village)

Since I did not grow up with grandparents, when we started our family, I knew our extended family would be a big part of our boys life.  As our children grew up, they greatly benefited from the
 fun, love & closeness of playing with Aunts, Uncles & Cousins.  Holidays have always had special meaning in our family. Sadly, my Mom (who adored Christmas) passed away in 2010.  This was 2 years before our 1 year old granddaughter arrived.  Oh how she would have loved little grl.  This past July 2013, my Dad passed away.  Losing both of them makes me very sad.  Will the holidays ever be te same?  Probably not, however maybe this is the perfect opportunity to form new family traditions.  Being blessed in 2012 with our first grandchild is the perfect time to make new, wonderful memories.  The holidays are just around the corner.  I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment